Thursday, October 25, 2012

Mr. Darcy’s Bite by Mary Lydon Simsonsen

ppwdarcybite[5]MR. DARCY HAS A SECRET…

Darcy is acting rather oddly. After months of courting Elizabeth Bennet, no offer of marriage is forthcoming and Elizabeth is first impatient, the increasingly frightened. For there is no denying that the full moon seems to be affecting his behavior, and Elizabeth’s love is going to be tested in ways she never dreamed…

Darcy has more than family pride to protect: others of his kind are being hunted all over England and a member of Darcy’s pack is facing a crisis in Scotland. It will take all of Elizabeth’s faith, courage, and ingenuity to over come her prejudice and join Darcy in a Regency world she never knew existed. (from the back of the arc)

 book reviewFYI: Book review appeared on Royal Reviews

My first thought after reading the blurb:

Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy of Pemberley a werewolf…this could be interesting! Although the blurb on the back of the arc is a bit misleading as I thought that the novel would be about someone hunting down werewolves.

My Thoughts:

I love adaptations of Pride & Prejudice, although when it comes to paranormal versions of the novel I am a bit hesitant. The storyline needs to be believable, one misstep in the believability and the novel goes down the drain, and I am happy to report that Mr. Darcy’s Bite was believable. What I am about to say may sound a bit odd, but I can truly see Mr. Darcy as a werewolf. That would explain his character traits, so I believe that this type of paranormal fits better than the others that I have read.

I had previously read and enjoyed A Wife for Mr. Darcy so when I started reading Mr. Darcy’s Bite, I was happy to see that the characters of Darcy and Elizabeth remained the same, other than the whole I’m-a-werewolf-can-you-still-love-me aspect of it.

I do have one complaint about this book-it could have been longer, although I may just be saying that because I never wanted this novel to end.

Overall, Mr. Darcy’s Bite was an adorable paranormal take on the love story that is Darcy and Elizabeth. If you want an amazing addition to your P&P collection, then you definitely need to give this book a go.

Until We Meet Again,

angela new

No comments:

Post a Comment