I hope this post finds you all well.
Okay, so I haven’t fallen down a rabbit hole nor have I found the door that Amanda Price went through that leads to Longbourn—but I am still looking for it and if you find it, please let me know! I could a break from reality right about now. (If you haven’t watched ITV’s Lost In Austen, I highly recommend giving it a go. Plus, my last comment about the door to Longbourn will make so much more sense and have me sounding less like a rambling loon!)
I have however been enduring a rather lengthy round of home renovations, which is still ongoing—and seemingly unending. While the renovations hindered my posting for a bit, I am finally able to get back into blogging and I must say I am quite excited because I have so many amazing things to blather about—and give away—in the weeks to come.
For this post, I thought I would blather a bit about what I have been doing during my absence from bloglandia. So, why don’t you sit down and enjoy a cuppa tea while I ramble on for a bit and if you are patient, I promise there will be a lovely giveaway at the end!
Here are a few things I discovered:
1. I love cozy mysteries—I suppose this should be called a rediscovery of sorts as I was an avid reader of these in the past—and I have just discovered that there are several cozy Jane Austen mysteries that I haven’t tried yet. So next time I am at Barnes & Noble I will definitely have to buy a few of these.
2. London fog tea and I have finally—after several unsuccessful attempts—mastered the art of making it (a post will be up tomorrow)
3. Ripper Street—another way to feed my Matthew Macfadyen addiction plus the series is amazing.
4. Renovations really do my head in. I am a bit obsessive compulsive when it comes to the organization of my bookshelves, so the fact that all my books are boxed up is driving me mad.
5. While I love reading fiction, I need to read a healthy dose of non-fiction and there are some interesting non-fiction books floating around about Jane Austen and the time in which she lived.
6. Parade’s End—The five-part BBC/HBO/VRT television miniseries with the highly talented Benedict Cumberbatch staring as Christopher Tietjens, although sadly I missed a few episodes but at least I have an excuse to buy the DVD when it comes out.
7. No matter where you go Jane Austen Addicts are everywhere and some interesting conversations can spring up, even the blokes get involved from time-to-time.
8. DIY Jane Austen crafts—not only do they feed my Jane Austen addiction, I find crafting to be relaxing (more to come about my adventures in craft land)
9. The Lizzy Bennet Diaries—it’s not something that I would want to watch all the time but it helps pass the time when you’re waiting in line.
10. More people than you realize name their pets Mr. Darcy—I even discovered a person who named their entire flock of sheep after Jane Austen’s characters. I must say it’s a bit odd to be going down the road and see an advertisement saying “Come Pet Mr. Darcy”.
And now for the giveaway!
What have you recently discovered or rediscovered? Leave a comment and you will be entered to win a complete hardback set of Jane Austen’s novels.
Giveaway is open WORLDWIDE
Ends May 20
Best Wishes & Good Luck!